Q. Do you carry magazines?
Yes, we have popular magazines like Billboard, Atlantic, Consumer Reports, Newsweek, Fortune and Wired in the News & Events room. However, most of our magazines and journals are available in electronic format, which can be very advantageous. To find out if we have a journal in electronic format:
- Go to the Library Home Page and click on the Journals A-Z tab.
- Type in the name of your journal, magazine, or newspaper and the system will tell you which databases cover this publication.
- Click on any of the databases that cover the publication or that cover the time period you are looking for.
- Click on the issue you wish to read, or scan through all available issues.
- Randomly clicking on individual issues may not be as efficient as conducting a search by topic or keywords for articles that appear only in this one publication. Determine your need and then choose the best approach.
- Occasionally, the most recent issues may not be available in the fulll-text. This is due to an embargo placed on the most recent issues, which works to protect the publisher's print subscription business. In this case, Interlibrary-Loan is your next best choice.