Q. where do i find the catalog record for a book?
When you open the Library Home Page, you will now be in the correct place to search for a book. There are five tabs across the middle portion of the page. Be sure that the tab that says Books/Media is highlighted.
- Type in a title, if you know it, next to the box that says "Quick Search," and click on the Search button. Individual items will appear after you execute your search and you will at first see only the brief record.
- Next, look at the options that appear in the left-hand colum of your page, which says "Refine By." The third category is "Format." Items listed next to the "book" format, will be physical books. Electronic books are listed separately.
- Click on any of the titles and a full catalog record will appear, which includes the publication information, the author, the ISBN number, Library of Congress Subject Headings, and the Call Number to help you find the book on the shelf.
- If we do not own any books that meet your need in our collection, go back to the Library Home Page
- This time type in the title of a specific book in the second search box in the lower portion of the page, where it says IDS Project. Or, you can type in a keyword or phrase to retrieve books on a specific subject. This will allow you to see book titles that we don't own, but which can be borrowed through our Interlibrary Loan system.
- When you see a book you wish to borrow, simply click on the "Get This" button
- Be sure that you are signed up for an Interlibrary Loan (ILLIAD) account. Once you have an Inter-library loan acount, all of the pertinent information about a book will be automatically entered into the ILLIAD form by the system.
- Please ask at the Library Service Desk for additional help.
Was this helpful? 1 0
- Hello Billy,
No, this is a service that is freely offered by the Library. It is a courtesy that libraries extend to one another. Normally, the lending period is 30 days and sometimes you can renew the book one time. From the Library Home Page, under Library Logins, you will find the Interlibrary Loan Link and you will need to register there. Try to pick a pasword that you can remember. Call Susan Majdak on x5345 for additional information or read our ILL FAQs.