Q. I was wondering if you know whether I can easily share pdfs that I have uploaded into my Mendeley Library?
- You can create a Public Group or a Private Group. I think that you would probably want a Private Group. (How many participants do you want in your group? There is a cap on the number of participants--not sure yet how many.)
- You will need to create the Group in Mendeley Desktop. Click on the Create Group on the right side of the screen and select which type of group that you want. Then follow the steps and invite the members of your group by typing in their email address. (You can also create a message to accompany the email).
- I am sending you a document of a Power Point from Mendeley on Collaboration.
- I am sending you a link to the Mendeley Guide on Groups:
- What are groups? In addition to organising your personal research library and helping to write new papers, one of the key benefits of using Mendeley is the ...
- I am sending you a link to the Mendeley Guide on Private Groups:
- What are private groups? Private groups allow you to share the full text of PDF documents you add to the group. This allows other group members to look at exactly the ...
- Private Groups
- Private Groups are designed to allow small teams to work together. The number of members is limited but allow the full text of reference materials (such as PDFs) to be shared between members. They will not appear in the list of Groups on the Mendeley website and members have to be invited to join.
- Private groups you’ve joined will be indicated with a safe icon in Mendeley Desktop.
- I am also sending you a link to a Mendeley Instructional video on "Create and Use Groups"
Was this helpful? 0 0